Friday, May 29, 2009

Rescue Me
















art = Tea by Mary Cassatt, 1880, oil on canvas


This tip from Janet. Ever lost anything down a sink drain and either lost it forever or had to take the sink apart to retrieve the item? Watch
this little video from Family Hack dot com.

Pet fish not wanting to come out and play? I have a betta, and
this site is useful.

Bad hair day? Back when I was (ahem) much younger, girls used baby powder on their scalp. I didn’t, because I just couldn’t stand the thought of smelling like a baby’s butt. But girlfriend Debby did, and her hair always looked good. She had extremely oily hair that didn’t do well with constant washing, so she’d shower and wash one day, use the powder the next. Jump ahead years later. Another friend with oily hair, only she uses dry shampoo. Say what? Anyway, she’s using
one of these right now, and it seems to be working for her, but read a review from someone who used a dry shampoo (not the one my friend uses, but…I thought it pertinent enough to post):

I've tried the Oscar Blandi stuff. It's expensive, but very much like baby powder. It definitely de-greases the hair, but it turns your scalp white (!) and takes a lot of work to brush out. It makes a big mess too if you're not careful. I think I'd try baby powder first, and if that doesn't work, then maybe move on to a dry shampoo.

Writing…ever want a visual thesaurus? Know what one is? – lol – A writer friend showed me a
visual thesaurus, which is basically word mapping (for lack of a better term), but it’s pretty cool.


I know I’m reincarnated—just not sure from what or whom, but I definitely have some ideas that are strange to my generation, my sex, and my place on the planet. When I think of all the above, there’s some smartass part of me that surfaces and whispers…find a man, eat the fish, put your hair in a ponytail or snood or wear a friggin’ cap, and sit down, read, educate yourself if you lack a good vocabulary, and work on your goddamn penmanship or typing skills so you can post some letters…or manuscripts.

----------------------------
till next time,
Sunny Lyn, The Ancient

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Comments:

At 1:45 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Reincarnated, eh? That's an intriguing thought. My mother has always insisted, since she was a child, that she was Jew gassed during the war in her last life. (We're not Jewish, which makes her belief all the more bizare - but she is adament.)
I went to a fortune-teller once who told me I had lived before in Old New Orleans, had been poor, and had died of pneumonia. So much for being the reincarnation of Cleopatra...

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

I tell ya, after watching "Sophie's Choice" years ago, the thought of some prior lives scared the shit out of me - lol. Who knows? Maybe your mother is right. Guess we'll all find out some day, heh?

As for your poor life in N.O., at least you made up for that in this one. :) You have a lovely family and home, and you've led a fascinating life, no? I think I could live vicariously from some of your photos and tales - lol.

I think you were a famous photographer in at least one life, back when sepia prints were in vogue and later when women traveled to Egypt not as the companion but as the archeologist commissioned to find treasures and unearth history's secrets.

Yeah. I like my version better than the fortune-teller's. *smirk* One thing's for sure, Ms Sam - either you were gifted with a tremendous imagination, or you are recalling some things. Cell memory, perhaps? (I just turned in a book dealing with cell memory - wish me luck - new publisher if they bite.) At any rate, the thought that there were/are princes and princesses, magical things and places...it's rather comforting.

When psychics or fortune-tellers grab my hand, they tell me I'm from another star or planet. *sigh* It confuses the hell out of me, because they usually hit on a high note at least once or twice and make me go hmm a few time or even WOW now and then. So when I get the news that I'm alien, not just foreign, it kinda throws me.

hugs, woman - great to see you.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Liz Wolfe said...

I love that visual thesaurus. And I wanna know about the cell memory manuscript!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

well, liz...you as a CP just might get a copy - lol. i more or less whizzed through it and sent it off without any crits (ack), but i'm sure i should have gotten 'em.

(ducking) will send ASAP.

 
At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Betta Fish Care said...

That visual thesaurus is pretty cool, but not as cool as the idea of reincarnation. I've been reading a lot about karma and dharma lately. I never really considered reincarnation as plausible until now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks