Sunday, June 14, 2009

Still Trying To Make Sense of This A Month Later

The victims were a woman and her 9-yr-old daughter who were standing in their own front yard when this guy came bearing down upon them before sliding into his own house. He's already been given his 6th DUI and he was driving the company car. The mother threw herself on top of her child when she saw him careening down the street, headed for them. Child lost a tooth and sustained a scrape on the head. The mother lost her life. She was a friend and the mother of three...the youngest was 2 months old and still breast-feeding.

I don't like to "throw stones", but I feel that the company who hired him should be held accountable as well. They gave him a job and a company vehicle--surely, they pulled credit files, police records/traffic violations, things like that, no?
-------------------------
Life's too short anyway. Don't want to spend it grieving and complaining, but damn, damn, damn, damn, damn. Wish those little girls all got to know their mother.
-------------------------
I'm a ghoul - I like my mysteries, suspense, thrillers, and even horror at times, but I gotta have my doses of romance, chick stuff, and feel-good slice-of-life books as well. I like knowing in my gut that Stephen King and Dean Koontz attend birthday parties and get laid, that even Ted Bundy had a mother. I can't wait to see Meryl Streep as Julia Child in the upcoming movie "Julie & Julia". I may not understand a lot of things, but I know what makes it all easier to digest. Hope. Variety. Possibilities. That a little baby, a 5-yr-old, and a 9-yr-old may indeed have some motherly type, if not Gwen, adjusting their veils when/if they marry and that 12-step programs or jail or death await careless drunks, that as long as we're breathing we have the chance to 'get it right'.
--------------------------
I also take comfort in Jane Wagner quotes, such as this one: The ability to delude yourself may be an important survival tool.
--------------------------
Happy delusions, in that case. Sometimes they beat the alternative...reality.
hugs, all...
Sunny Lyn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Kate said...

yeah, but, you can't make sense of it because there isn't any sense in it. None.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

you're right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks