Wednesday, June 24, 2009

friends & early summer funnies


CJ sent me something that made me smile today. It's been "one of those weeks" for a couple of my friends. I mean, I grouch about having to eat spicy food, but some of these gals are really having problems, so...here's a heart for CJ and the other two and anyone else who just wants one. You know who you are.




Why Men Shouldn't Take Messages

Gotta have something funny today, though - just gotta. Michael in NY sent this one, and I've been cracking up ever since.


Mary Ellen sent me some funnies, but I can't copy and paste them in blogger...again. So I'll just wave HI to her and send a raspberry to Blogger.

---addendum---

Just because I'm too lazy to create a newer blog post. Storms raged through here last night, and we were without electricity for about 8 hours or so. Winds took off the top of a tree across the street, and #1 Son went over in the rain to help move the sucker. Fire truck showed up - 4 beefy firemen. Landlord's handyman drove up to help. Of course, he never says thanks, and the whole time this guy is just bitching about how he'd be going 'round and round' with the landlord if that tree had hit his car. Car was fine. I don't believe there's an "act of God" clause in his renter's contract, though, and his "round and round" would have lasted maybe one round - lol - but oh, well. Just wanted friends who lurk to know that we're okay. No damage here, thank goodness, but a lot of smaller tree limbs and leaves were sacrificed during the course of an hour and a half.
**********

Hugs, everybody.
~ Sunny Lyn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger Gretchen said...

Now THAT is hilarious and too true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks