Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Getting Personal

I despise moving. Always like it once I'm THERE, but...it always rains or snows when I move, even if it's in July. Doesn't help when I plug an electric heater into the same power strip the computer is on - yep, blew the breaker in the power strip. So I get 'puter going again. Then during the move-in, one of the dogs decides to make a break for freedom while the gate is open. Takes me a few hours but I finally find my underwear mixed in with the dog food and the pliers. Don't ask. Oh, and it takes the cable guy (a cutie - and this wasn't his fault) quite a while to hook up internet while I'm waiting to reply to editors. But...we're here. Sort of. Now have to move a few more pieces and clean up the old place, but for all intents and purposes, we are 'home'.


As for the 'little things' we tend to misplace or forget to buy when we move???


The GOOD NEWS is that Just Desserts debuted 1st day of spring with Ellora's Cave. You can read an excerpt here (warning, this one's X-rated, folks, or at least a really hot R) or just gawk at the cover below. Writer bud Sheri Gilmore interviewed me for her newsletter last month. My editors are chatting up the book, and one of the Vice Presidents of the company wrote to say she was reading it and loving it, which is always a great feeling.


This is the last time I'll put the cover up this month - sorry - just had to do it again. (sigh) I have the laundry going here at almost midnight, a hot cup of cinnamon coffee beside me, dogs curled and sleeping at my feet, heating pad draped over the chair and running from my butt up to my right shoulder (moving's hard on this gal), and cheese dip heating in a crock pot for later when The Kids get back from their last trip of the night with furniture.

Have a good weekend, folks. See you soon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Congratulations on your first EC release, kiddo! It's GREAT to see your name on the website. May it bring you wads of moolah, prizes and a faithful (and huge) following. Huzzah!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

Put your cover up all you want. I would be proud, too.

Bought it and stayed up late reading it last night. Very sexy book. :) I enjoyed it and I loved the recipes! I want to make that tea!

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the cover, Lyn! And it does look good to see your name on it. :)

Best of luck getting settled in the new place.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

(((Ann))) for getting me to submit to EC's contest last year. (((RINDA))) my dear friend for how many years? 14 or 15? Surely, we're not that old. - lol - THANK YOU for buying the book and giving such great feedback. And (((Kathy))) appreciate your support. I took your quiz and was howling.

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunny,
Congrats on the book and with that the new home! How am I going to find you? You know I had the directions down pat to the old place! Just re-reading some of your blog and I'm so sorry to hear of Kat's passing. I know that you embrace so many people and their lives and you feel the emotions so deeply. I also know that you will find strength and love in all of your memories and I'm sure Kat will come back through you in the years to come. I'm counting on it anyway! Miss you and your soothing voice-might have to get my "fix" soon. Love, Sylvia

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Shesawriter said...

Give me one of those pills!!!! I need them.

Tanya

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lyn, is there lots of licking of whip cream and chocolate sauce in Just Desserts?

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Sylvia, sent you a private email with address and even house plans - lol. Tanya, I wish there was a pill like that. *perk* Doug, yes, lots of whipped cream and chocolate, and...well...leftovers considering my hapless hero catches the kitchen on fire when he does Cherries Jubilee. - hehehe

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Sam said...

What a great cover!!! - I'd post it a few more times, LOL

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Melany said...

Congrats on the first release with EC. And that cover rocks, put it up as much as you want.

And though moving is stressful, hope you are all settled in now and enjoying the new digs.

Lany

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

I buy your books not only cause I love ya, but I happen to like them.

I've been back in OK since 94, We met the next year so it's eleven years-- see we're not that old. That's what I kept telling myself all day Friday for b-day number 36. (g)

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

Congratulations on the release of Just Desserts, your first Ellora’s Cave book! Both the excerpt and book cover are sensational. Sounds like this book is getting lots of well-deserved buzz. :-)

I’m betting that all of this positive excitement is helping to take the sting out of your move, Lyn. LOL

Here’s wishing you much happiness in your new home, and mega sales and stellar reviews for Just Desserts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks