Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Tornadoes, Titles, & Thanks!

I would have been online last night to announce the winner of the Title Contest, but this fellow visited the neighborhood 2 blocks away. Oh, and he had a brother. They weren't invited - nobody I know wanted them here, even though we welcome the temperature drop from 99 to 50 today.

The first tornado tore up a wheat field, a grove of trees, and an airport before he fizzled out. The second one started the way tornadoes normally do then started spinning BACKWARDS and wore itself out before it could do much. Anyway, that's my excuse for not getting online. Was busy watching twisters and didn't want the lightening to fry my computer.

Remember the movie “Twister” and the Jami Gertz character saying "We've got cows"??? - The wind was that fierce at times - expected any minute to see complaining, airborne cows flying by. Speaking of which…take a look at this book about strange weather phenomena.

On to the naming-the-baby contest: I sent all of the titles submitted to my editor, and the in-house editors took a vote and chose this one: Crystal Clear Persuasion. Going by entries as they came in: One person (BD) had Crystal Clear (then another had that one, but BD beat them to it), another (Monica) had Crystal Persuasion, and then one person's entry combine the two of them - and nobody saw or heard any of the answers until it was over, including me - I pulled them at the same time and immediately sent to my editor. So, congratulations, Merry! Let me know which download you'd like.

Monica, send me your physical/street address plus your favorite colors to the Milkbone Undies email addy and I'll still send you a really kewl book thong made in Australia. BD, I have your address, so give me a couple of days and I'll have yours sent. THANK YOU to all of you who entered. Like I said, I stink when it comes to titling my books. It's a wonder I did okay with naming #1 Son.

Gotta say that Rinda cracked them smooth up by summoning Olivia Newton-John with her Let's Get Metaphysical - ROFL.


IN OTHER NEWS...Tidbits from Janet


Victoria's REAL Secret
plus...
Redneck Outdoor Grill

















I'll be participating in a chat come Saturday hosted by a couple of fellow Ellora's Cave authors. There will be door prizes, a scavenger hunt, excerpts (yes, naughty ones), and lots of information - go here to sign up/join this Yahoo group:
ellorascavechat-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

As far as I know, The Promise: Stream of Time is still on schedule with Loose Id to debut on the 3rd of May...8 days away. There is no release date, no price, nothing like that set, but last word (within the past couple of days) was that it will be released on May 3rd.

Have a great rest of the week, all. Talk to you soon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Whoa! That is a seriously gorgeous shot of the tornado. The geologist in me so wants to see one before I die, but the weenie in me cries at the thought. I have fulfilled the wish to feel an earthquake though. Talk about freaky!

So glad you got your title, Suns!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

Did I write that? Did you send them the gratuitous one? LOLOL!! Wait, which one was metaphysical?

Sorry, brain is fried from the crud from yet another test this morning. (g)

Those tornadoes were something last night. I went out to try and get the violence of the wind on video to put on my blog, but my ham of a little boy jumped into every single one. I don't want to put him online. heh heh

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Ann, they're truly awesome until they're about a half mile from you - then you can see the debris inside of them and around them. They're scary but kewl (says the dumbass who stands in the rain watching them until someone smarter ushers her inside).

Rinda, don't blame you - not a place to put kids' photos up. Let me know the test results. I'm ready for them to find what is wrong - know you are, as well.

Don't you get tickled at our meteorologists at times? They try hard to retain that professionalism, but when something a mile wide spinning 200 miles or more per hour is barreling towards you, sometimes the little kid in ya pops out. I keep waiting for Mike Morgan or Gary England to ask one of their chasers "Where are you now?" and have the response be "I'm kissing my ass goodbye! You want a better close-up? Come get it your damn self."

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

p.s. to Rinda - oh, yes - LOL - sent them ALL of your suggestions. If you submitted to them right now I'm betting someone would respond - oooh - YOU'RE the one who sent that title in on Cash's book!

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

...and a p.s. to Ann - THANK YOU (both of you actually) - you had some great suggestions.

And Ann? They do have Storm Chaser school, I believe, at the national weather service facility about 30 miles south of me - would make for an interesting 'vacation' week or couple of weeks around the last week of April/first week of May.

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

LOL! I've probably been blacklisted.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Merry said...

Wow! I won! Glad they liked it - I recall giving Ann suggestions on one of her book titles and they all stank royally!

Did you see the video footage of that tornado? Being so close to ya, we watched the weather like hawks.

BTW, here, as in OK, talk about the weather is a way of life, not just a conversation starter...its been an interesting 2 months so far - I'm loving it and I promise to update the blog...later! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks