Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Promise: Stream of Time

Yes, it's that time again. I have a book hitting e-world within a few hours that I sold last year to Loose Id. This is my 1st time travel to write, and I had a lot of fun with it. I wanted realism mixed with fantasy, so my heroine is a real smart ass, one who isn't a swooning, fainting damsel in distress but one who grabs her time jump with the same disbelief, bite me attitude I think that I would.

The Promise 1: Stream of Time
Genre: Erotic Time Travel
Publisher: Loose Id, LLC
Series: The Promise
Length: Novel

He’s traveled through time and space to find her, convinced that she can help him save the Pharaoh. Granted, she’s used to tanning salons instead of Egypt’s summer heat, plus she swears, smokes, and has a penchant for Gucci handbags, but there’s a certain charm about the woman stepping into the role of Pharaoh’s daughter.

Her royal husband hates them both, and there’s a dwarf determined to kill them, but love is always dangerous, especially when you’re caught up in the stream of time.

Read an excerpt here.

ISBN: 978-1-59632-235-6

Lyn Cash – author
April Martinez – artist
$4.99 – price of novel

Buy the book here.


When we discussed a title for this work, I'd been reading poems by Robert Frost, and the first title I wanted was one that someone else had already used. Then my editor, Sherri, came up with this poem - we both liked it, so the 1st novel in the series was clearly: Stream of Time. Here is the poem:

THE MASTER SPEED

No speed of wind or water rushing by
But you have speed far greater. You can climb
Back up a stream of radiance to the sky,
And back through history up the stream of time.
And you were given this swiftness, not for haste
Nor chiefly that you may go where you will,
But in the rush of everything to waste,
That you may have the power of standing still--
Off any still or moving thing you say.
Two such as you with such a master speed
Cannot be parted nor be swept away
From one another once you are agreed
That life is only life forevermore
Together wing to wing and oar to oar.
* * *
CONTEST TIME:
Guess...choose the title for book # 2 or book # 3,
one you think we've already chosen (we have)...
and you'll win a copy of Stream of Time.
Winner to be chosen with the first correct answer.
Pick both answers, and I'll name a character after you in Book #2.
Post your answers on here on the blog.
* * *
GOOD LUCK!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Heeeeeeeeey no fair getting to use the word twat in your story. I'm not allowed. *pout*

That's it. I'm starting an insurrection!

Long live the Twat!

heeheehee Congrats on your new release, kiddo. May it be a bestseller.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

bless you, my friend - and the word 'twat' is in a Loose Id publication, so...haven't gotten it into EC - lol.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Rella said...

Okay, too many possibilities. Especially if you want to continue with the stream idea, or something else.... So I'll pick...
Stream of radiance. Oar to Oar.

Do I win?? The book sounds great. Congratulations!

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Rella, you're close, but no more 'stream' in the titles, alas. As I said on your blog, I should give you the book since you're the only one who has even TRIED to name the next one - lol.

THANKS for saying hello.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

...by the way...you are welcome to try again!

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wing to Wing
Oar to Oar
Life Forevermore
Forevermore

Little Lamb Lost

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

anonymous - you hit one of 'em - can't give you credit without a name, though! *wink* Hit me again...this time, sign the post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks