Friday, August 18, 2006

Leaving Mama is finally in book stores!

I don’t often highlight Samhain releases on my blog, but I wanted to share Leaving Mama by Bobbie Cole with you. This is the first women’s fiction book I acquired and I adore it… I was captivated. She writes incredible, strong women, portraying such vivid characterization that I feel I know them. ~ Angela James, Editor, Samhain Publishing

Leaving Mama is a funny and romantic story about a family secret and how people become involved in it. Bobbie Cole has written a story to enjoy. With a tear and a laugh…~ Annick, Euro-Reviews


This is a beautiful and heart warming story. A woman’s death unearths secrets from the past and a mother and her daughters learn more about each other. This story is a powder keg of emotions, and once it explodes, you will laugh, cry and even get angry, but you never lose the feeling of love behind it all. This is a wonderful story that stays with you long after you have closed the book." ~ Wateena, Coffee Time Romance


For those who have asked, yes...it does indeed have a happy ending, even though the book opens with a casket flying out the back of the hearse on the way from Oklahoma to Minnesota.


Leaving Mama by Bobbie Cole
http://authorlyncash.blogspot.com/

Sexual Content: Rated PG13
Genre: Contemporary, Mainstream, Women’s Fiction
Book Length: Novel - 228 pages
E-book Release Date: May 30, 2006
Print Release Date: August 15, 2006

ISBN #1-4199-0587-2
Cost: $13.50


Sometimes the only way to find your way home is to leave.

Premise:


Smoking weed while perched on top of her grandmother’s coffin in the middle of a downpour was not how Jillian had seen the trip from Oklahoma to Minnesota as happening. With flights canceled and the airline employees striking, she had no choice but to improvise and use her rock band’s hearse. And when Gran exits the vehicle after the tires skid on a rain slick highway and the back door flies open, Jillian decides to make the best of the moment.

Things only get worse when they arrive in Minnesota and her oldest sister, Shari, has a stroke at the memorial service. Toss in the fact that their grandmother had led two lives—there was a whole other family they’d known nothing about waiting for them in Minnesota—and life suddenly becomes more complicated.

Read excerpts online here and here.
Buy the book at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble book stores, Borders Books, Waldenbooks, or directly from the publisher’s website online: http://www.samhainpublishing.com/.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Ahhh Congrats Lyn! What great news.

 
At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the cool reviews, Lyn ;)

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Merry said...

GREAT REVIEWS! But then again, I knew that book was good!

I'm glad its getting the attention it deserves, too.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Kate Johnson said...

How is it possible I haven't bought this yet?

It sounds great, even without the fantastic reviews!

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Thanks, everyone! This is so nerve wracking - lol. May you all go through this soon. (What are friends for, but to share, right?)

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Babes, I went through this too. It's called stage fright. Even Barbra Streisand is crippled with it, so how can schlubs like us expect to float through? LOL.

I loved this book from the first sentence, which, as you know, is KING to me, so I shall be purchasing it in print at the same time I buy Rae's Last Thing I Expected.

Ahem. Do yo have any of mine in print?

*tapping foot*

Love 4 Eva no matter what, *gg*

~Ann

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Ann, I haven't been to a bookstore since June, but I have to visit one soon to set up my booksigning, and I'll check then! Would LOVE to get one of yours.

Thanks for the soft kick in the rear. You're right, La Streisand has awful stage fright.

 
At 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I can do this, so can you. I hate the PR, but hey, I'm doing it.

This book is so awesome and it deserves to be showcased by YOU.

Sunny, your writing kicks ass and takes names, don't ver forget that. You rock and the world will know it soon enough.

Rock on, babe.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger April said...

WOOOO HOOOO!!! That's awesome, Lyn! Keep up the hard work, it's worth it in the end, I'm sure! :-)

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Rae, April, Cathie...mmmmwaa, mmmwaa, mmmwaaaaaa - THANKS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks