Monday, October 16, 2006

PIcking My Battles

Hacker problem solved (you are more than welcome to hack the bitch back - all I know is that her initials are 'sd' and that she listed Ohio as her home state and zip code 25523, small town in West Virginia - but she left another email addy that I've turned over to authorities)...maybe she'll be shut down, and maybe not. My only advice to others is to change their passwords frequently and to make certain they copy and paste to a word doc all of their current into (and keep it current - lol). Oh, and she has to be a wanna-be writer, because writers' places are about the only ones where I hang out any more.

Thanks, Janet, for the photo of Rufus - isn't he a scream?

Cousin Shelly sent me a Cat in the Hat funny on aging - I think she's trying to tell me something, considering my birthday is in like 2 weeks.

Which brings up something else...time, or lack of. I've decided not to stress over all the deadlines I set for myself, that I'll work on what I want, finish as I can, and take my time so that what I produce will at least be to my liking. Health issues, not so much a problem (knock wood) as they were prior to the move. I'm really enjoying myself and have no complaints.

This morning I tried a new flavored coffee from Folger's called Chocolate Silk, so I sat outside on the front porch, just far enough out of the rain (a nice, autumn drizzle most times, but now and then it really kicks up speed and intensity). Thinking. I thought of what I'd really like to write out of all of these projects I had lined up. That's when I realized that like dear daughter-in-law-to-be, who has a cross-stitch project going as well as a crochet project, it doesn't really matter in the scheme of things. If it's what calls to me, that's where I'll be, and it's OKAY.

Watched her working on the hummingbirds and flowers cross-stitch, and now and then she'd pick up the book on 'how to' crochet. Knew she'd cave in before the birds were done, despite her desire to complete one project. Then it hit me that she was so new to all of it, so eager to try her hand, see what she did best. Much like me with the writing. One revelation generally incites another, so that's when I let myself off the hook to write what I wanted.

Oh, one of the things I've written was an article for The Writing Playground. Here’s the article. I've had a ball corresponding with Marilyn (another Trues writer!).

As for world news? Anybody who reads this surprised? Part of me wishes I could do a book on this, but others before me have already done so and much better, so I'm back to picking my battles, and the next one's gonna be the garage. It needs organization.

Have a great day, everybody.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger April said...

Glad you got the hacker problem straightened out!

Happy early birthday. Just had one of those. Ack!

Working on what calls the most seems to be working for me right now. Otherwise I get nothing done. Good luck!

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Glad you got the problem sorted out. I hope they get her!

Happy early birthday!

 
At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That totally sucks but I'm glad you caught her.

Happy birthday sweetie and I hope your "hook" comes to you very soon.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Thanks, ladies! Appreciate you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks