Thursday, August 16, 2007

13 Parachute Packers




Before I go any further, this explains the parachute quite well. My post today is simply to thank many of you who have packed my parachutes lately.

Thirteen Things about Sunny’s Parachute Packers

1. Janet – you won’t see a link, because she has no blog, no website, but this particular woman and I have been friends for well over a decade. She has taken me to doctor’s appointments, shared a meal or two with me, laughed at movies, and she sends me most of the jokes and cartoons that I share on my blog.
2. Merry Stahel – friend, fellow founder of The Belfry Collective, critique partner, and so much more. Mer is marvelous, and I don’t know what I ever did without her before I met her.
3. Alexis Fleming – soul sister, friend, conference buddy…there aren’t enough words to describe the joy I’ve had in knowing her.
4. Heather Rae Scott – another of my CPs who means the world to me. We have laughed, cried, dissed, and discussed everything under the sun.
5. Ronda Thompson – a mentor whose life was cut too short from cancer this summer. I will never forget her and the lessons she taught me.
6. Heart of Dixie RWA – this group has been an absolute JOY to work with this year. They’ve set up two writers’ workshops online for me, and the women in this group are phenomenal!
7. Pam Payne – Pam and I go back a ways. We’re both ‘bats’, and even though I’ve only met her in person once, in Dallas 2004, I’ve enjoyed her friendship and the knowledge she has shared with my writers’ class. I see on her blog today that she’s posted about her first fan mail – yaaaay.
8. #1 Son, aka The Kid – much of what I blog about that has anything to do with IQ’s over 80 comes from this gentleman. My friend, teacher, and son.
9. DDL2B, aka Jess – I could get into so much trouble with this little thang. She’s my frappuccino buddy, confidante, shopping partner, and laugh-a-minute friend.
10. The Belfry Collective – my first online critique group. I would NOT be here today without their input, friendship, butt-kickings and contributions.
11. Women of Wit – my second online critique group. We’re sort of a secret society of movers and shakers, meaning if we need shaking in order to move, one of us will administer the hug or nudge or shake.
12. my readers – the silent bunch in my life who sometimes writes, sometimes doesn’t, but who always makes me feel special and gives me the incentive to push forward, to write one more book, even when I don’t feel up to the challenge. Thank you for sticking with me.
13. my Oklahoma writer friends – THIS is the group who got me started, told me I could ‘do it’, encouraged me through some of the worst crap any CP has ever had to read, and they did it with smiles (usually – lol). Lord, how I miss ‘em. *waves to Rinda*
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





Now…to reiterate yesterday’s news: Don’t forget that NEXT FRIDAY is party day at Alexis Fleming’s new home on the web! Here’s yesterday’s write-up, and I’ll post the graphic she sent once again.





MAJOR SHOUT OUT TO THE HOD3 CLASS!!! – WHOO-HOO! You’ve made it through almost two weeks with me – lol. Only one more week to go!


Have a great day, everyone! See you next time…I still have many authors to boast and brag about who have helped with this online writers’ workshop I’m teaching.


Another favorite photo...Ann and Lex





----------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss you, too. I haven't even seen CJ in weeks and weeks--my head has been too scrambled with new home situations. Life can be challenging.

It really sounds like your move has done you good. Tell that son of yours hi for me. :)

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Denise Patrick said...

I need to do this for a TT one day. There are so many people I could thank, too.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Merry said...

(sniff, sniff)Love you,too, Suns! I miss seeing you and Jess, we WILL plan a trip once this house building is done and the family crises are...maybe not resolved, but at least in stasis! LOL

Thanks for being one of MY parachute packers, too!

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Rinda, forwarded your hi to Josh and got this in return just now:

Tell her I said hello. =)

Denise, when I read that bit about Plumb, it just 'got me', and I thought yeah, I need to do that.

Merry, I hope your house building is going great - I'm excited for you two! (and Jess says to say hello to you - lol)

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Misty Williams said...

Your a joy to work with as well, Sunny! Thanks!!

Misty
Heart of Dixie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks