Friday, February 22, 2008

while I'm celebrating Lee's life...

He was quite the wood carver. Thought I'd share some of his carvings with you. The Indian is museum quality - alas, his last project, unfinished. One of our relatives was a carver and a sculptor who had works at the Smithsonian. I've always thought my brother was just as good.


I may have enlarged it (camera phone, not a digital of any quality, in other words) too much.





The first to the left is a "love spoon" and beside it is a coyote carved into the outline of a leaf - all out of bark or wood.











Faces carved into trees.







There's a buffalo he carved onto a flat surface just in front of the lamp, but I didn't get a good close-up of it. To the far upper left is a standing bear.
* * *
Anyway, just thought I'd share. I know I've mentioned him before and that he carved, so while he's on my mind...I'll share.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what talent! I'm so sorry for your loss.

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are absolutely gorgeous and you're right, he should've been in the Smithsonian.

As someone who lives with a hunter, I'm sure it was one of the highlights of his life.

I can't help but wonder if maybe God needed Lee to do some sculptures in Heaven. They always say God takes you when he needs you. May you find some comfort in that. ILY

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

aaaw - THANKS, ladies! Appreciate that.

I can't help but wonder if maybe God needed Lee to do some sculptures in Heaven. They always say God takes you when he needs you. May you find some comfort in that. ILY

Love you, too, my friend. I'm passing that on to my parents.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Denise Patrick said...

Beautiful carvings. And, I'm very sorry to hear about your brother. I hope you have lots of wonderful memories of him. My prayers go out to you and his/your family.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Sam said...

What lovely carvings - there is a lot of talent and dedication there.
I am SO sorry about your brother.
((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Thanks, Sam & Denise!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks