Thursday, January 06, 2011

Thursday Baking Day

http://notyourusualsuspects.blogspot.com/

Take a look at Wednesday's post over on Not Your Usual Suspects. Those of you who write murder/mystery/thriller material...answer the question at the bottom of the post if you will. - hehehehe - Just don't mention any NAMES if you've killed off the same person more than once.

Yes, I snagged a photo or two of friends to add to that other blog.

And for those who are shaking their heads...I KNOW...two blog posts in a week? Something must be up with the blogger. Well, sort of. I've just made a determined effort to pop in more often. Now if I can just get to the blogs I want to VISIT...

I accidentally deleted my old blog info in the template while screwing around with "let's see how this looks" - who knew that Blogger would permanentely disfigure the place?! Somewhere on my hard drive there's a copy of all the blogs I used to visit so I can find them again.

In the meantime, I do know how to visit my own and will try to do so more often.

Today is baking day. I plan on pumpkin loaf, banana loaf, pumpkin COOKIES (thanks to Anita, a friend in south Texas who sent me her pumpkin recipe book!!!), chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, and something else. Oh, yeah. Something a bit less sweet. Fried chicken tenders, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans with Herbs Du Province. (Did I spell that right?)

The Boy is in Las Vegas for a business trip, so The Girl and I are on our own. She doesn't have long for lunch, so I'd better get busy cooking.

Have a great day, everyone.
~ Sunny

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sunny -

I wanted to pass this along to you but couldn't find your email in my address book. It's been awhile, I know. If you still have Merry's contact information, I'm sure she'd love to hear this:

I'm not long back from Florence's funeral. My tear ducts may recover sometime.
Church was packed. Her DDH Graham was greeting people as they arrived, and he
told me as we hugged that the bat quilt was in there, because it mattered to
Florence. She cried when it arrived, and used to snuggle under it.

I sat at the back - because there were very few chairs left - but I could see
the quilt draped over the wooden rail at the front of the church. The service
was full of love for Florence, with multiple mentions of her love for colour,
and fabric, and sewing and quilting. Her DD2, sister, and cousin gave eulogies,
and there were many other beautiful things said about her. Graham had intended
to mention the bat quilt and it's importance to Florence because of the love and
compassion in it's making and giving, but he wasn't composed enough to speak.
They'd been married 21 years, and were a beautiful couple. He is as wonderful a
person as Florence.

After the service, I went up to the front to see the quilt. I'd assumed some of
her other quilts might be there, as I know she made a number, but no, there was
only the bat quilt. I spoke with one of the ministers and explained it's origin,
and she was deeply touched.

Anyways, Old Bats, I thought you'd like to know. If anyone is still in touch
with Merry, could you please forward this on to her? She did such a great job
putting all the pieces of the quilt together.

Hugging you bats because I lubs you, too.

BronBat

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Thanks, Julie - yeah...Mer and I talked about it afterward. Sad. But that does make you feel good about that quilt, doesn't it?

Hope all is well with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks