Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Day - 2/29/08

What’s Goin’ On

Alex & I have a novella, Hit and Miss, debuting next month with Total ebound Books. This short story is contemporary with light bondage and BDSM. You know me and Lex – it’s humorous, with a hapless heroine and hero who get themselves into hot water then have to bail themselves out…this time with Cupid’s help, literally…Cupid.

Spies, Lies, & Duct Tape seems to be doing well. This is a romantic suspense published by Ellora’s Cave that debuted in January. Read an excerpt

A review here by WitchGiggles on Spies, Lies, & Duct Tape: This story contains some beautifully written sex scenes, while also describing a brutal sexual assault, graphic violence and unfortunately From my perspective an all too realistic look at our world today. It takes the attention from page one and keeps it to the last page with you rooting for "both" women to the very end. A great, entertaining read. – THANKS, WITCHGIGGLES!!!


Haven’t received my first paycheck from Who’s Your Daddy, but we’ve (this was an anthology) received some fabulous reviews. Romance Junkies says this: Each story is unique, witty and told with enough heat and emotional tone to keep readers engrossed in the pages. An insightful thought-provoking read and a wonderful book to add to your keeper file. THANK YOU, CHRISSY!

A review I must’ve missed, this one from Euro Reviews:

Traveling from modern day Las Vegas, Nevada into an ancient world, Nora finds herself in an unusual predicament. While in Las Vegas, she’s kidnapped and drugged by Ken Taylor, an archaeologist. She also learns the hard way that he can’t drive.Nora and Ken, whose real name turns out to be Khuamen, nephew of Senmut, go for a trip through time. How that turns out is a fascinating tale. A journey not to be missed by either participant.
* * *
Lyn Cash’s The Promise: Stream of Time is a wonderful read and superbly written. Nora is as colorful as her grandmother Mimi White. Meeting her lover, Khuamen, and keeping the history of Egypt from altering. Stream of Time is a spicy and hot novel. I hope readers enjoy Stream of Time as much as I did. ~ Reviewer: Lydia
* * *
Thanks, Lydia!


What else is goin' on...


I could get REALLY pissed off at Alex if I didn't love her so much and if she wasn't RIGHT like 99.99% of the time. As you know if you've read here much, I had a death in the family a couple of weeks ago. I also have a wedding to plan - it's friggin' WINTER and we're about to have MORE SNOW, which really puts me in a great mood. And I'm trying to get some writing done while teaching (Thank GOD for students this month - they've been GREAT and I have had a blast with them).


So Lex writes and says "We have 2 more days before we turn in this manuscript to Ellora's Cave for that contest."


This is a joint effort, and she's pretty much done her part and a good deal of mine. So I say okay - I'll write this sex scene we've both been avoiding. I write it. Lex writes back. "Uh, Sunny...that's not a sex scene."


What? She got off, didn't she? What do you mean it's not a sex scene?


"Well, the two of them haven't exactly copulated."


Well, damn. Back to the freakin' drawing board.


I send the rewrites back to her, along with a very cranky phone call. "The bitch is laid, played, screwed, all but tattooed. I've stuck everything in her that I can come up with, and she's had at least 3 or 4 orgasms by last count, so I consider her LAID."


We sent the manuscript off to Nick this morning, and Lex is still speaking to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Lyvvie said...

All but tattooed for sure...but is she happy? Teehee. I love the cartoon and I admire how focussed and producive you are. I can't even manage to stay committed to my current cup of coffee nevermind a WiP. You rock.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

You are the parent of small children and still get meals together on time. You are MY hero - LOL.

Thanks, though. I shall take and wallow in whatever props I can get this month.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Alexis Fleming said...

ROFL It's a good thing she loves me or she'd kick my butt. Mind you, she did know I was an organizing baggage before we went into this. lol And this story rocks. That was one damned hot scene Lyn wrote. Still fanning myself here.

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot "blewed". '-) Screwed, blewed and tattooed. hahaha. Your posts make me giggle, so do our talks.

Lyn is very focused on her career, as is Alex and I adore them both--they also have a blast doing what they do. Lyn loves a red pen and she an Lex are two peas in a pod.

Rock on, ladies.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Sam said...

You guys are a riot -
Love Lex's writing, and Lyn is one of my favorite authors. I love the reviews - congrats!!
I know what deadlines look like - I have one Glaring at me right now. I'm trying to ignore it. It's vacation here, and after a month of balmy, spring weather, it's supposed to snow. It will be our first snow fall of the year!
Brrrrr! My house is old & Drafty.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Heather Rae, you're so good for me - THANKS! (Ditto to Sam)

Sam, your first snowfall of the year, as in 2008 or as in this winter??? Jealous that you've had that month of balmy weather - it's been so friggin' cold in the Midwest this year. Doesn't normally bother me - I like seasonal changes - but I am READY for this winter to be over.

I see my blogpost is old - lol - need to update it tonight or tomorrow. Not like Janet doesn't send me plenty to use. *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks