Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Friends & Chats

Merry has been busy building in Missouri, and she’s blogged about it here. I fell in love with a couple of those photos. (sigh)

I also enjoy the photo/journal she keeps at this site. She even has a photo of her and me in front of the fireplace in my living room on Mother’s Day when she and members of her family visited me. Uh...I'm sitting down, and Merry isn't, if that tells you the difference between about 5' tall and nearly 6' tall - lol.


Author MacKenzie McKade posted this on top 10 women’s fantasies at the EC chat earlier today:

#10 Forced sex
#9 Sex with a stranger/acquaintance
#8 Group sex
#7 Sex with another female
#6 Oral sex (receiving)
#5 Sensual and romantic sex
#4 Kinky sex (bondage, spanking etc.)
#3 Sex with more than one man
#2 Sex with a famous celebrity
#1 Sex with boyfriend/husband

How do you feel about that, ladies? Agree or disagree? I am too old, too jaded, or too pragmatic, I suppose, because my fantasy is that of Rosie O'Donnell in “Exit To Eden”—paint my house. CLEAN my house. Please – I’ll get off – I promise you – just somebody forget about licking my toes or putting together a threesome, unless it means 3 of you laboring, doing what I don’t want to do.

If you’ve never been to an EC author day or chat, you really should attend. Lots of excerpts, banter, jokes, sometimes a recipe or two, and all-round fun. You can join here for free and participate next time…which will be soon…there’s always something going on! I have to confess, though, that I spend as much time ogling the photos as I do reading the excerpts. Talk about some hot, hot males at that Romantic Times convention in Dayton this past week. *fans self*

Good news for me—I finally turned in final edits on Leaving Mama, which debuts next Tuesday.

To celebrate, I treated myself to some absolutely cheesy downtime viewing these advertisements online. One of my favorites is still the Charlie Sheen/Martin Sheen Visa commercial.

On other chats, the Loose Id authors will have an all-day chat on Novelspotters’ Yahoo site on Thursday, this week. You can join here (again, free) and participate at your leisure on the 25th of May. I’ll be there between 11 & noon EST, posting excerpts from The Promise: Stream of Time.

While I’m at it, here’s a huge SHOUT OUT to CATHIE M, reader, who emailed me to let me know she’d seen an excerpt at Romance Excerpts Only, where all you see/read are excerpts – no chat, nothing but excerpts. Cathie said Stream of Time was on her TBR list, which thrills me.

That’s it for today. I’m off to watch movies with The Kids.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger Jordan Summers said...

The property looks beautiful. Reminds me of Lake of the Ozarks. I don't know if I agree with the fantasy list, maybe a few. I'd certainly have to change most of them. No one mentioned endless massages and pedicures. *ggg*

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Merry said...

Sunny - thanks for the mention! I'm having great fun...the welldrillers are set up to start the digging of the well tomorrow.

Echo is on hand if I fall in the well. She ain't no Lassie, but she whines just as well.

Jordan - you're close...its in Missouri, different lake!

As for the list...my DH is in Saudi and my fantasies involve him...only. (wish, wish!) 'Nuff said.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

LOL - both of you. I don't think I fit anything on that list myself, but I did think it interesting.

Merry, I love cold well water - reminds me of childhood when we cleared the land (we meaning all of us from oldest on down to the youngest one who could carry sticks and brush).

Thanks for stopping by.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Madeline Hill said...

HI LYN--Yeah, I'd say a few of McKenzie's fantasies fit the bill, but I would HAVE TO ADD some of YOUR personal ones to my list: LOTS of people cleaning my house for me EVERY DAY, doing my ironing, AND cleaning up the patios. A personal chef a few nights a week would make me.. ecstatic-- PLUS Jordan's pedicures and massages, Now, there is an ideal life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks